Month: June 2019
Here is the UNCOMMON RELATIONS – updated news
My forthcoming novel now comes in two parts.
Here are its two covers.
What is the novel about?
It’s a hefty secrets and lies narrative and your advice to the main character might be: “Be careful what you wish for!”
At 28, Terry fantasises a life more exciting than his marriage or job provide, but then he meets someone amazing on his daily commute and his life is changed forever. He rushes home to tell his wife, Gudrun, but events prevent him. But what is she hiding, and why? Both have developed some awkward secrets. When Terry opens his Pandora’s Box it traps him into increasingly bizarre situations. Bizarre can be funny, but also tragic, and this novel offers both, as well as a great deal of mystery.
Will Terry ever discover what he really needs to know? Is Gudrun a heroine, a victim or a packet of trouble?
By the end of this novel, you will be provoked into siding with more than one of the many characters, who range in age from 3 to 73. Here are a few.
Character list – the first few of a large cast
- Terry Stedforth – our hero, termed ‘Yesterday’s Man’ by his mate.
- Gudrun Stedforth – his shadowy wife, who only buys fair trade and avoids microwaves.
- Jeremy, self-appointed tormentor, Terry’s line manager – known for his severe halitosis
- Leon – exuberant software creator, moonlighting as Max Supremo, Illusionist, Terry’s best mate
- Will and Eileen Stedforth, Terry’s kind but conventional parents who have to withstand shocks to the system as the narrative progresses.
Join my Readers List at the right-hand box to find out more.